Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

I'd prefer not to pollute request parameters with internal cocoon stuff. This reminds me of recently fixed header action which was iterating over sitemap parameters. Similarly, users may rely in theirs code on request parameters and iterate over them. Adding cocoon's internal stuff as request parameters will break this. And same may happen with source cache URIs discussed recently...

No, not really. The clever trick is to use invalid request parameter
names that have a kind of namespace prefix, like cocoon:forward.
All parameters with this namespace are filtered out by the core
and not visible for the internal pipeline.

But then, if those parameters are filtered out, in case of cache URIs, it makes more sense to have

cache:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:http://www.apache.org

as you don't have to do any filtering at all, because you are not polluting URI with invalid parameters in the first place! And it seems that request parameter cocoon:forward got -1's already...

Vadim