Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Unico Hommes wrote:

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Unico Hommes wrote:

I am just thinking whether it'd be worth a separate

protocol something

like forward://something ?

Yes, I thought of this as well. Unfortunately we have to

many hardcoded

places, where against the protocol name "cocoon:" is tested.

So if we

provide a new protocol we have to change all those places as well.

And we have to come up with a good name, as <map:generate src="forward://something"/> might look at little bit strange :)

O I thought you meant by forward the behavior that error handling would be forwarded to the called pipeline and that the default behavior should be that errors are handled by the calling pipeline.

Yes, I meant that :) I think the word "forward" is good for a redirect (map:redirect-to uri="forward://sggd" but not
for a general source definition (map:generate src="forward://")

Hmm I see. It would be more clear if the opposite of forward:// would be include:// (also the servlet api terminology) but we already have cocoon:// . I guess it's not worth deprecating cocoon:// in favor of forward:// and include:// would it?

In that case it may be a lot less places where it had to change?

Why? Perhaps we meant the same?

What should be the default behavior?

The default should be as it is now.

Confusion abound :-) I see I was mixing things up. Sorry for that. I get it now.

Unico