> -----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
> Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Auftrag
> von Stefano Mazzocchi
> Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. Marz 2004 06:13
> An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Betreff: Re: AW: [RT] Forwarding of internal pipeline calls
>

> Marco Rolappe wrote:
>
> > well, I'll stop now...
>
> noooooooooooooo, don't :-)

:-) I'll give the stuff a bit more time to breed and a bit more 'food' to
swallow and then see what comes out.

I see the basic shape of the picture but it's only a sketch of MTRT (more
than random thoughts ;-).

> as sinful as it might seem around here, I have been thinking about a
> non-XML version of a sitemap syntax and it is surprisingly similar to
> what you described.

I think apart from being easily digested via Configuration's et al. there's
no strong reason to being forced to that 'syntax' and I surely don't think
of it as a sin (what's that? ;-). and the simple and powerful structure of
the pipelines makes a minimal syntax possible;

when you declare a generator pipeline, the first component has to be a
generator and the remaining (if any) have to be transformers. the same
principle also for the other pipeline types. so you end up with simple
names, as in the example I gave.

> DISCLAIMER: before people run off to their bosses and pull the emergency
> break, remember: this is an RT, this is the place where crazy new ideas
> are discussed and distroyed... what remains standing might be the next
> big innovation in the field ;-)

yeah, we'll see what comes out. but since 'ein bild sagt mehr als tausend
worte' I'll try to come back showing a picture instead of letting floods of
words break open.