Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
To be honest, I still don't buy the classloader problem theory. I'm just
saying that we should try to support interfaces like Configurable etc.

For Cocoon blocks or for other components?

And the dependency is very minimal. It's just a dependency against the
avalon framework api version 4.1.5 - a released version. There is no need in
following the development of Avalon.

The issue is not so technical as it's of indipendence from something that, in the good and the bad, has not helped Cocoon be built by Gump for ages now.

What I don't understand, is the portability of *which* Avalon components you don't want to loose. Business logic used as Avalon components? I don't see why not retain this possibility. The question is just about the *Cocoon* components, that are not portable anyway between Cocoon'ECM and, for example, Merlin.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -