> From: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> So, like we already said before, it is *totally* possible to have a
> block load avalon components thru an avalon sandbox (sort of a
> avalon->cocoon adapter). This allows you to reuse your avalon
> stuff "AS IS". But this also means that your block cannot expose those

> components outside of that block.

I don't think so.

The fact that Avalon doesn't support hotswap in all cases does
not mean that you can't write Avalon components that do support
such a thing.

Look at Composer.acquire() - does it matter if the object
returned is a proxy to some internal Avalon object? No!

You can have:

 +Block-------------------------------------------+
 |                             +-+Component       |
 |  +Composer--+    +ECM----+  |                  |
 |  |          |----|       |--+-+Component       |
 |  +----------+    +-------+  |                  |
 |                             +-+Component       |

And then expose the components managed by the ECM via a proxy.
However, those components must either:

 ...be written in such a way as to support the additional
    requirements that Cocoon has

 ...or have that functionality added via proxying etc.

So I think Carsten's (and my) business logic, and all our Avalon
components that we use across multiple projects and containers
are perfectly safe.

/LS