Hello,

I'd like to log all Requests so that we can record them for analysis.

So, far the only way I think I can do this is to modify the method
process(..) in org.apache.cocoon. In this method, I thought I could use
a logging component (which has yet to be created) from the component
manager and (if it exists) to invoke a log method on it.

What do you think? Is this the right way to go about this?

Surj

Hello again,

Ok, I've created a patch that will do the above. Patch is attached. I think you'll need to do a patch -P1 from with the coocon-2.1 cvs dir.

To use the new component, add a line similar to the following in your cocoon.xconf:

<component class="<your-package>.RequestLoggerImpl" logger="requestlogger" role="org.apache.cocoon.RequestLogger"/>

Also, there are comments in the RequestLogger interface that explain how to use it (a bit).

Let me know what you think.

Surj