The development of blocks for 2.2 has started, but as others have
already pointed out, it might take time to get it implemented
and running well.

So, I would suggest that we change our development plan a little
bit and consider adding those features to our 2.1.x code base
that are independent from blocks, like e.g. the virtual sitemap
components etc. Of course we should take care that the
changes are not incompatible (apart from the one below :) ).

WDYT?

In addition I would like to "port back" the changes I made to
the environment handling in 2.2 to 2.1.x as they improve the
performance and clean up some hacks (not all :( ) we have in
the code. And this would also make Leo's wish regarding
the CocoonComponentManager easier. Unfortunately these changes
are not 100% compatible: the o.a.c.Processor and the o.a.c.e.Environment
interfaces have to change for this. But this shouldn't effect
users, so it should be ok to change it.
Is this ok?

As a last note, my rewritten tree processor is growing (it's not
feature complete yet), but I think it is very soon able to process
all features of the sitemap and adding such things like virtual
components shouldn't be that hard (hopefully).

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://www.osoco.net/weblogs/rael/