Il giorno 17/apr/04, alle 20:24, Ralph Goers ha scritto:

Frankly, I'd prefer that the current 2.2 become 3.0 and the incompatible
changes go into a new 2.2. It is my impression that what is now in 2.2 is
going to end up being quite different from 2.1 and that it should not just
be a point release. This would allow me to migrate to stay on 2.1 and
maintain binary compatibility, move to 2.2 at the risk of minor
incompatibilities, or move up to 3.0 where major differences happen. I
realize there is a risk with this, as nobody really likes to maintain two
releases at one time, so 2.1 is likely to stagnate.

Thanks Ralph. You have expressed exaclty what is also my opinion on the issue.

Ugo