Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler <at> s-und-n.de> writes:

> Upayavira wrote:
> > Surely we have:
> > Transient: stored in memory, lost on shutdown
> > Persistent: stored on disc, kept through shutdown
> > "Simple": stored in memory, pushed to disc when overflowing,
> > persists contents to disc during shutdown.
> >
> > It is this third case that is the complicated one to handle
> > (and the one that is most useful to me for the CLI).
> >
> Ok, so for persistent and simple, the objects have to be
> serializable.
> I just configured the old memory store as the transient store,
> so everything should work now as expected again. Apart that
> currently the data does not persist a shutdown if written to
> the persistent store. :(

Just to get the terminology straight, we already have these concepts formally
defined:

name        role                            current impl
default     o.a.exc.store.Store             o.a.c.c.store.impl.DefaultStore
transient   o.a.exc.store.Store/Transient   o.a.c.c.store.impl.TransientStore
persistent  o.a.exc.store.Store/Persistent  o.a.c.c.store.impl.PersistentStore

If for the default store we use either JCS or EHCache and for the transient
store o.a.c.c.store.impl.DefaultTransientStore we should be there. There is no
component that uses a persistent store directly IIRC.

--
Unico