Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Ugo Cei wrote:

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Why then we need EHCache at all? MRUMemoryStore works well and does not require extra jar files. What EHCache gives us?

Overflowing to disk when the memory store fills, all with a single
implementation, IF you configure the disk store with a greater-than-zero size, which requires changing a parameter in cocoon.xconf, since - as shipped - it defaults to "memory only".

Hope it is clearer, now :-).

Ok, but your original plan requires couple of changes due to ehcache inability to store objects... EHCache can take place of PersistentStore, but not Store or TransientStore.

Apart from the fact that it doesn't persist through restarts, which our current implementation does. As I say, not so useful for servlets, extremely valuable for CLI, and I wouldn't like to loose that option.

Upayavira