Ugo Cei wrote:
I don't advocate forking it unless it's the last resort. But if we must, keep in mind that EHCache is just 11 classes (+2 for the Hibernate plugin, which we don't need) with a comprehensive test suite, so if push comes to shove, we would have no problems maintaining it ourselves.

By the way, EHCache 0.8 just came out with the following in the changelog:

"1. Modified the Apache license at the request of the Apache Cocoon project."

After this, I won't lobby for EHCache anymore, since I have no time to contribute actively. "He who does, decides" and if this means JCS, than let it be JCS.

        Ugo