Ugo Cei wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > I think we have the second problem in Cocoon since our
> first version
> > :( I always thought about adding a counter for the
> concurrent requests
> > in a tree processor, but always forget about it :( Regarding
> > performance: is this a problem as the counter has to be
> synchronized?
>
> Whay? If the counter is a simple "int" field, you don't need
> to synchronize access to it, or I am missing something?

Sure, but it's somehow synchronized of course internally. Now I
think to remember a problem in Cocoon.java where we counted
all active requests. I think we changed this because of performance
to only count if debug logging is turned on. That's why I
thought about this problem. But perhaps I suffer from a weak memory :)

Carsten