On Tuesday 10 August 2004 22:32, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> >FYI, planned features for Merlin in the coming 6-12month period;
> >* Better JMX integration.
> >* JMS support.
> >* JTA support.
> >* IoC Type 2 and Type 3 dependency resolution.
> >* JavaBeans/Type2 setter injection of parameter values.
> >* User-defined life-cycles per component type.
> >* Improved component-level security.
>
> How's that different from GBeans+Spring?

I know far too little about Spring in general (i.e. never worked with it) and
GBeans in particular (i.e. have not read enough), to be able to provide a
good answer.
As for Spring, I think the apparent convergence between Merlin and Spring is
based on two different starting points. Merlin starting out as a Model-driven
architecture, with strong typing, a strong IoC as its base, where as Spring
started out with making IoC-style out of JavaBeans.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /