On Tuesday 10 August 2004 23:29, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> On 10 Aug 2004, at 15:05, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > 2. Is the Spring/Pico/Kernel camps considering classloading mentioned
> > above
> > being a non-issue, and delegating the task to Cocoon itself to deal
> > with it?
>
> Kernel: Class re-Loading already work through the conceptualization and
> implementation of blocks. That was the core issue that I needed to
> solve for my own personal use of the kernel (not considering Cocoon).

Ok, correct me if I am wrong;

ComponentA dependsOn ComponentB.
They are in different classloaders.

The proper handling of this would be to decommission, in Avalon-terms
stop()/dispose() of ComponentA, or container interaction with a
ComponentB-proxy, which drops the reference.

I have tried to locate such behaviour, and concluded that Kernel didn't
support it 'natively' and that some outer system was needed to assist in such
handling.

Cheers
Niclas
--