On Thursday 12 August 2004 03:24, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > The next step ain't that far away, we are just struggling with some
> > semantics, especially surrounding the possibility of more than a single
> > constructor, which Pico says is a no-no, but could be a necessity.
>
> Pico supports multiple ctors now for quite some time (as it does setter
> injection - its just not preferred).

Ok. May I ask how Pico resolves which constructor to use, when two or more,
seemingly incompatible, constructors can be satisfied?

> > Another 'issue' that CDI imposes is how to deal with aggregations and
> > possibly custom configuration/parameterization objects, which Pico
> > (unlike Type2) will need.
>
> Concerning aggregations Pico handles Java arrays and there is already
> support for typed aggregations in the queue .. just commented out waiting
> for JDK 1.5.

I was thinking more of ;  I have a component that needs MANY arguments in its
initialization, of various types, more than is barely feasible to feed into
the constructor. Pico (when I read it last time, some time ago) recommended
that configuration types were to be used, i.e. one wraps up those values into
another object and pass it in the constructor. The class of that object, can
not really be pico-styled, since that would then have the same problem.
Then we are back to the Configuration class in Avalon, or something similar.

Cheers
Niclas

--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /