On 17 Oct 2004, at 14:45, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

On 17 Oct 2004, at 14:29, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
On 17 Oct 2004, at 14:02, Steven Noels wrote:
On 17 Oct 2004, at 12:17, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

I can re-factor this Steven.
What is the procedure for getting this on cocoondev.org?

Nothing special:

* read http://new.cocoondev.org/main/32
* think of a name & some short form of that: Pier/Jerm
* set up SVN account/passwd for committers: me
* create a new SVN repo on cd.org: me
* decide which list should receive commit messages: Pier/Jerm
* decide whether you want an separate dev- type list: Pier/Jerm
* set up a doco edit account: me
* add a page to http://cocoondev.org/: Pier/Jerm
* done

If you let me know Monday morning, all this should be OK by the evening.

I have re-factored the code to the org.apache.cocoon.hibernate package.
I added Apache License 2.0.
I added a couple of helper functions for handling Transactions to the flowscript file.
I structured the set of files like the other blocks and added a sample xconf.
I put a readme in the libs directory to say what jars you need, should those jars be added to the project?
At a later date, I would hope to add a sample app to run off hsqldb.

I have not had time to check or even compile the code yet.

Pier, what are your preferences for the above (project name, commit messages, dev list etc.)?

The code can't be licensed using the Apache License 2.0. It's LGPL as it "implements" certain LGPL Hibernate classes. That's the whole reason why we can't post it here...

I'd call the package org.cocoondev.hibernate as if someone outside of this community sees org.apache.cocoon they'll think that the ASF has gone mad and started writing code in LGPL! :-P

I basically copied the pattern of the "Cocoon, Hibernate and Spring" Project already on cocoondev.org <http://http://new.cocoondev.org/main/g1/43>, that uses both a o.a.c package and the AL 2.0 license.

regards Jeremy

                                IT IS NOT FROM ME

                        Always check the label, folks !!!!!