Il giorno 17/ott/04, alle 15:45, Pier Fumagalli ha scritto:

The code can't be licensed using the Apache License 2.0. It's LGPL as it "implements" certain LGPL Hibernate classes. That's the whole reason why we can't post it here...

Do your classes really implement Hibernate interfaces or extend Hibernate classes? Or do they just import them?

No one has ever demonstrated that doing an "import" on classes that are under the LGPL obliges you to license your code under the (L)GPL. It even goes against the publicly stated intentions of the Hibernate developers. I'd use the Apache license without fear in this case (as a matter of fact, I do).

As far as "extensions" are concerned, I'm not sure if that's the case.

        Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/