Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
Leszek and I have started refactoring JXTG, by breaking it up in its subclasses. Later we will work on creating more detailed interfaces between the different parts and all the other stuff that has been discussed on the list.

Now the question is: where should this work take place?

For the refactoring aspect its better to work on JXTG in core (BTW what is the correct terminology, before we refered to code not being in a block as core but now ECM++ is placed in a directory named core).

But considering that we are going to add stuff, and make it a framework for further template experiments, it makes more sense to place it in a block. Also our long time plan is to remove as much as possible from core, AFAIU.

So what I propose is that we do the refactoring in the template block. And that we call the refactored JXTG something else to avoid collisions with the original one, e.g. JXTemplateGenerator2 or o.a.c.template.generator.JXTemplateGenerator.
I have commited an initial JXTemplateGenerator to o.a.c.template.jxtg.JXTemplateGenerator and moved Jonas' templating proposal to o.a.c.template.v2 package.

Please review.

--
Leszek Gawron                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]