Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

Am I the only one that is bugged by the fact that you have to add the input modules in the cocoon.xconf while the sitemap components go in the sitemap?

We had several attempts to change this but there was always someone against it :(

You can do it right now. <map:components> is handled exactly as an xconf file to feed the service manager. And since components don't care about namespaces in their configurations, you can even write:

<map:input-modules>
 <map:input-module name="blah" class="com.blah.BlahModule"/>
</map:input-modules>

(notice though the use of "class" instead of "src")

This behaviour, although unofficial, is effective since day one in the TreeProcessor. IMO, it's time to make it official.

No, please not - with 2.2 we have the official include feature and imho this is sufficient for this.

Yeah, but technically speaking, this makes absolutely no difference, as <include> does nothing but expanding the contents of an xconf within <map:components>

So writing
<map:components>
<include src="blah.xconf"/>
</map:components>
is exactly the same as copy/pasting the contents of blah.xconf in the sitemap...

Going further, add the possibility to specify a class-path to <map:components> to feed a per-sitemap classloader (or autocompiling classloader) and you have cheap semi-real blocks.

Sylvain