Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
Le 12 mai 05, à 06:33, Sebastien Arbogast a écrit :

...FYI we have already come up with 13 very interesting ideas about a
potention new common documentation effort for Cocoon..

Would you guys be able to at least try writing/reorganizing some docs in the current system [1] before inventing yet-another-potentially-doomed-new-tool?

Excuse the tone and don't get me wrong, I'm trying to be constructive: building on the work of others might get you to destination earlier.

My impression is that you've dismissed the existing stuff a bit early without really trying it. Writing/reorganizing docs is really easy with the 2.2 docs system, and if non-commitership is a problem there's certainly a way to solve it.

Let us know if you have any questions or specific problems about how to write docs for the 2.2 trunk.

-Bertrand

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/22NewDocumentsGeneration

thanks Bertrand and ...

I have ignored this thread so far as every 6 months or so somebody starts it and then dozens of mails are written and nothing changes. IMHO you should use your time (yes writing mails is time consuming!) and work on the docs if you consider them as the problem. This would be much more helpful. (At least something happens in the wiki, thanks!)

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc