On 12.07.2005 17:42, Jason Johnston wrote:

It works. The only nagging doubt I have is whether removing the parameter declaration from the included files means that they cannot be used anymore by themselves. I doubt anyone is doing this, however.

I'm doing this :-) As the name says, it's forms-*samples*-styling and it has nothing to do with my application.

I am doing this as well; in fact I'm only using forms-field-styling.xsl
not imported by anything else.  So removing that variable declaration
will break the individual stylesheets when used alone.  Authors
shouldn't have to create a stylesheet that does nothing but include
another single stylesheet and declare a single variable.

The way you and Reinhard are using it is the way I planned and implemented it. Unfortunately it is not standard compliant as shown not only by Saxon, but also by XSLTC. There were complaints about it, but I never fixed for the reason you wrote above. Now that it is changed, I won't revert it though ;-)

In my cforms2html.xsl stylesheet I have imported the general stylesheets:

<xsl:import href="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-page-styling.xsl"/> <xsl:import href="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-field-styling.xsl"/>

But this shouldn't stop you from fixing the bug as I can set the parameter in my cforms2html.xsl stylesheet.

IIRC the forms-*samples*-styling.xsl stylesheet includes the sub-stylesheets instead of importing them. If you are at it, maybe you can fix this too.

This was also with intent. Somewhere in the files it is explained.

Actually, IIUC, changing from xsl:include to xsl:import would fix the
issue with the duplicate variable declarations anyway, since xsl:import
allows for overriding of variables/params/templates while xsl:include
does not.  I am unable to verify that right now though.

This would break my analogy from the comment/explanation mentioned above, but if the XSLT spec is that stupid and if it would help to solve the issue, I can live with it too :-)

Joerg