Jorg Heymans wrote:
Luca Morandini wrote:

often discussed here, very true - as much as we hate (to admit) it

;)

<marketing type="idea">
Lets do a video like Rails [2], a picture says more than a thousand
words, a video more than a thousand pictures! WDOT? Can something like
this put us to shame or work in our advantage?
</marketing>

FWIW, my comments:

1) Videos are great communication tools, and nothing prevent us from making them, I suppose. 2) This RoR video was good stuff, especially for people building simple, self-contained apps. 3) I liked the ActiveRecords part, which is something we have to wait for the Java community to respond to (as Sylvian noted earlier today). 4) I liked the Scaffold concept, which we may replicate: not just samples, but ready-made apps to help people hit the ground running when developing an app. I mean, we could have a "reporting scaffold", or a "multi-channel publishing scaffold", or a "GIS scaffold" (you expected that, didn't you ?).

Stop the presses ! I've just seen the first 30s of Andrew's presentation... it looks great :)

Regards,

   Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it