Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Agree, but on the other hand, this lazy-loading of components mean that
> some buggy declarations will not be detected at startup time, which
> would be better in a production environment.
>
> This leads again to the discussion about "running modes" [1] where some
> developer-oriented features (e.g. lazy startup, cocoon stacktraces on
> screen, client-side alerts in Ajax libraries) would only be enabled in
> development mode. IIRC, ruby on rails has this kind of modes too.
>
> Now, considering how many things are loaded at runtime in Cocoon
> (sitemaps, XSLs, templates, etc), we can just consider that components
> are just yet another thing loaded at runtime and set lazy mode as the
> default one.
>
> Thoughts, especially about running modes?

One interesting question is, what is the default mode we ship?
Development or production? I think we should ship development settings
as the default.

Now, for the modes, if we solve everything with properties, we can
provide one directory for each mode containing different property files
and then simply tell Cocoon to load all property files from a specific
directory. This is already implemented in 2.2 anyway.
The lazy loading is a property, too. And properties can be used inside
xconf and I think sitemaps as well to replace tokens.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/