Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

In general I agree with this - it makes learning Cocoon internal a
little bit easier. But I think the current environment api is not our
biggest problem. Anyways, our current Request object has more
functionality as the servlet request object, e.g. to get the sitemap
prefix and sitemap uri and more important the request attribute handling
for internal requests. How can we keep this functionality when switching
to the servlet api?

And for me the most important question :) What is the suggested
timeframe/version for this? Do you want to do this for 2.2? Or for a
later version?

Carsten

I would imagine for a leter version.  I'd think it would be too soon.

We have two implementations of the Cocoon environment abstraction: CLI and WebApp. If we rip out the abstraction now, Forrest would break. I think that alone would push it out a bit.