Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Refactor Cocoon JS
> ------------------
>
> forms-lib.js and cforms.js get merged into a new file that will
> contain all (non-ajax) CForms-specific code in the following
> namespace: cocoon.forms.cforms.
>
> Any ajax-specific code from the files above and from cocoon-ajax.js
> go into a new file in the following namespace:  cocoon.ajax.cforms.
> This is only loaded by your browser if you have Ajax enabled in your
> form.

I think this global switch is a misconception. Can we change the meaning
to: "use ajax if it's enabled in the form *and* if the current browser
supports it?" Currently I only have the choice for switching ajax on for
*all* users. Now if they happen to have turned off javascript, they
simply can't use the form.
So I would prefer to have a detection mechanism, if the current browser
supports ajax or something like that.

Apart from that a general +1 for your ideas.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/