Giacomo Pati wrote:

My final concern in this will be that Cocoon can be used as a platform (not just a framework) to host an arbitrary number of independant applications maintainable by the set of tools we develop/deliver here for deployment of such application and management of the Cocoon instance.

There is a natural tendency for people to isolate independent services to that damage in one doesn't affect the other.

It can be seen in clusters, OSs, JVMs, webapps and now blocks.

I think it's not a bad thing that people can host two different things in the same cocoon (if they have memory issues, for example, it's a good thing), but if not, they have all a range of choices to do otherwise and I'm sure we target a user base that knows about all these anyway.

--
Stefano.