On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:30:00 +0100
From: Reinhard Poetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: M10N

Giacomo Pati wrote:

> >   Fine. Do you have in mind to support this by a Maven plugin to create
> >   descriptors, based on dependencies defined in the pom, unpack them to
> >   create the webapp structure suitable for war packaging?
> > > pom.xml only contains the Java library dependencies. But yes, we could > provide some plugin that creates an initial block-deploy.xml if we see > that we need this - time will show.

 And the wiring.xml I suppose.

Of course it's possible to edit the wiring.xml but I would (will) recommend

Editing wiring.xml? I may now be totally wrong but I've understud that the wiring.xml is a generated file by the deployer (and the deployer-plugin uses the deployer). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

using the deployer as it will do validation, auto-wiring, ...

Actually I think I'm quite confused about all those descriptors described in our Daisy and what the actual code looks like.

pom.xml
  - for Maven build
  - used by deployer-plugin to resolve dependencies(?)

block.xml
  - describes a block (components, sitemap, properties)
  - is used by blocks framework

block-deploy.xml
  - defines block dependencies for deployer(-plugin)
  - supplies additional information (i.e. values for block properties)
  - is used by deployer-plugin to create the wiring.xml (?)

wiring.xml
  - configures a Cocoon app concerning block relationship, mount point,
    etc.

Please correct if I'm wrong.

I'm not quite sure the difference between block-deploy.xml and wiring.xml. Is it that wiring.xml is the sum of all block-deploy.xml and their connections?

Can you describe how you see all those descriptors look like
for our super-sample-block (collection of all block samples) will look like?

- -- Giacomo Pati