Giacomo Pati wrote:

Hmm, good question.

Do we need to clone the maven webapp-plugin (the one creating a
war/webapp structure)?

No, I think/hope that we can do this in our deployer tool.

Not sure we can (Reinhard?)

The cocoon-deployer-maven-plugin *extends* the maven-war-plugin as good as possible[1]. We only have to upgrade the dependency in the POM whenever we want to use a new maven-war-plugin. The only disadvantage of this is that implementing Carsten's idea "c) Change the deployer tool to *not* put all jars in WEB-INF/lib and classes in WEB-INF/classes." would lead to a lot of code duplication as we would have to build the web application ourselves. So I'm -1 on this as at least I don't want to maintain this fork.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-block-deployer/cocoon-deployer-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/maven/deployer/AbstractDeployMojo.java

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de