Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Finally :) how to we do the actual release? We have to take care of
> legal aspects as well, like adding all licenses of the uses dependencies
> etc.

core has a dependency on the licenses block, does that cover your legal
requirements ?

As to how to actually do the release, unsure.  If it was me doing it
next week i would do something like this for the maven part of things:

  1. change the poms manually to reflect the correct version number of
the core (eg 2.2.0M1 or whatever). Also change the version number of
each module itself to be non-snapshot (eg 1.0-SNAPSHOT becomes 1.0).
  2. tag
  3. mvn source:jar javadoc:jar repository:bundle-create for each module
we're releasing, don't forget the module poms
  4. bump the version numbers for all modules, 1.0.0 becomes
1.0.1-SNAPSHOT or 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT etc. Reset the version number of core
back to 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.
  4. create a jira issue for the jars to be uploaded, described here
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

HTH
Jorg