Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
How would that work? Running an xslt-transformer within a block local class loader (using an block local Xalan and Xerces) is one thing. Exposing the xslt-transformer to the rest of the blocks is something entirely different, we have no mechanism for that.
Oh yes, right - I didn't want to imply that we have something for that
today, I just wanted to hint that this might be the better approach.
Agree.

To achieve this you need a mechanism where you can configure what classes (or packages) that should be exported from a block classloader and what should be local. You also need a mechanism for importing classes to a block classloader from other block classloaders.

We have nothing like this in Cocoon.
True, but isn't OSGi promissing exactly this?
Exactly :)
 Thinking about all these
class loading issues it would be easier if Cocoon at the current state
would not support anything for shielded loading and we would wait for
the real implementation.
Yes, I think we should consider complicated class loading issues being outside the scope of Cocoon 2.2.

Right now I think that the main focus should be getting 2.2 release out the door. What are the outstanding issues?

Then we can start to work on using OSGi again.

/Daniel