> - stop the development of Cocoon 2.1 after the release of 2.1.10
>
> - rename the current branch to Cocoon 2.2 without the 1.3 compatibility
> (and maybe other minor changes that are now prevented by the versioning
> contract)
>
> - rename the current trunk to Cocoon 3.0

My goal was not to open Pandora's box - especially not the one of Java 5 on
trunk :-/ I only wanted a more explanatory message in status.xml and a new
guideline for maintaining the branch regarding to Java 1.3 compatibility.

If you think a renumbering is more appropriate I'm ok with it as well. But
creating an already dead successor for 2.1 (however it is named) is a bit
awkward.

Just my 2c.

Jörg