Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> RC has a meaning of "release candidate", which to most people means "well
> tested
> almost production quality code". Going through recent commits I noticed a lot
> of
> refactoring, new code, untested code, and so on. This hardly qualifies as RC
> material.
>
> IMHO, it should be labeled as M(n+1). -1 on RC since code is not went through
> enough testing yet.

I really doubt that most of the code for final releases (or rc) is
tested better than what we currently have in trunk. We do releases for
2.1.x without real tests for most of the code base. We rely on user
experience/tests. The version from trunk is used by several of us
already in production, several people have tried it out and it seems
that most of the problems have been fixed. So I really think that this
qualifies for an RC release.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler