Joerg Heinicke pisze:
On 26.06.2007 01:41, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

I fear it will be much more difficult to convince you (and others) to
the idea of flat OM.

The current hierarchical model ({../1}) has always been a problem. So apart from the backwards compatibility issue it should not be so hard to convince us :)

As a general comment: I don't like the usage of numbers ({../1} again) in the expression language that much. They are not that ... expressive. They were probably influenced by grouping in regular expressions. But if there is another clever approach replacing them ...

What I really want to achieve is to divide to things:
1. How OM stores the data and how the data is accessed by ELs
2. How data is accessed by user with help of particular EL.

I really believe that this separation is really crucial and will keep things
clean and focused on their role.

If you have any good idea for EL be my guest :-)
For now I try to focus on the separation itself and establishing boundaries of
responsibility and function of both OM and EL.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski