Jimmy Zhang pisze:
when people think about hiearchies, they think DOM like structure in which a tree is made of little objects, hence the "object model." but that is not always the best/most efficient case becasue object creation/destruction
can be costly... and they are not inherently persistent...
VTD-XML models tree in a different way that perserves teh hiearchical model using integers/offsets/lengths etc
that is fast to generate and inherently persistent... and it is not flat...

I see. I'll abide by my previous opinion that VTD-XML looks interestingly itself but it's design goals are different to those discussed here. We really are not concerned about persistence or performance because these are not our main problems.

Jimmy Zhang, it's nice that you advertise your project anyway. ;-)
Do you have any plans to provide an integration with Cocoon so it gets more
potential users? :-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski