Reinhard Poetz pisze:
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
Maybe other people have different or more positive experience of branching?

Not really :-(
Keeping trunk and branch in sync is a lot of work.

In the end, use your judgement and do what you think is best.

I agree with this. Grek, if you think that your commits affect Cocoon trunk in a way so that it becomes unuseable for all others then consider branching. I (we) learned from history that an unusable trunk is a very bad thing for a community. If you see any chance to keep trunk working, don't branch.

FYI: I had to create a branch for Object Model refactorings. It was really impossible to keep things unbroken while refactoring and my attempt to prove it's opposite resulted in wasted three days.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski