Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
But now I run into another problem: When I use the find/xargs command, the working directory is the directory where I entered this command and not the directory where the create-apidocs.sh script is located. Is there a way to set the working directory the way I have expected it?

Yep. Put this script say in your home dir, name it 'x.sh' and make it executable:

  #!/bin/sh
  cd `dirname $1`
  # Both "sh $1" and ". $1" should work
  . $1

 From your home dir (where x.sh is):

find /x1/www/cocoon.apache.org/2.2 -name "create-apidocs.sh" | grep apidocs/ | xargs -n 1 ./x.sh

thanks, works like a charm!

Alternatively you can put cd `dirname $1` in each of create-apidocs.sh but I figured you'd want to avoid this :)

:-)

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc