Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
Daniel Fagerstrom pisze:
Leszek Gawron skrev:
but question is: do we want that for 2.2?
Yes.

It is a huge job to convert everything, so the only realistic option is
to do it incrementally, a couple of components at the time, when people
have time and feel like it. If we try to syncronize it with releases we
will never get it done.

I have mixed feeling about this a little bit especially in this concrete
moment. I really believe we
are just about releasing final of 2.2. I'm not sure if it's realistic to assume
that such major
change as conversion from Avalon to Spring will not break anything.

For most components I don't think it is a "major" change to convert them to Spring. There are some cases, e.g. Springifying the tree processor ;) that are more complicated. But I would assume that Leszek or anyone else working on Springifying Cocoon would discuss on the list if they are uncertain.

For non-sitemap components we have just removed the Avalon stuff.

I don't parse this sentence. Does it describe what we have _already_ done or
what we should aim for?

Both.

/Daniel