David Crossley wrote:
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
This time I will
create the Maven 2 release artifacts and "normal" zip/tar release artifacts for non-Maven users.
I created release artifacts for the Servlet-Service framework using the old RC1 release form October last year and published them to http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/cocoon-staging/ssf/.

Could others please have a look and check if those release artifacts meet all legal requirements?

I see that the META-INF/NOTICE.txt etc. files in each
of "cocoon-components" and "impl" directory, would correspond
with those from the sources. However where does top-level
NOTICE.txt file come from? Should it be generated as a
combination of the other two? The files in the sub-directories
could potentially be different.

The problem is that the release artifacts are sometimes collections of several more focused artifacts, at least in the Maven 2 world they get distributed in smaller units.

I guess that the correct solution is that each of those "collection release artifacts" has to contain a hand-crafted NOTICE.txt file. The license should because of the ASF policy always be the same.

I expected a top-level "cocoon-servlet-service" directory
to be created. Should it?

good suggestions. I will fix this in the script.

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member, PMC Chair        [EMAIL PROTECTED]