Joerg Heinicke wrote:
On 03.04.2008 23:33, Jörg Heinicke (JIRA) wrote:

With Mac OS X I also have no access to the source code of the JDK.

Which makes me wonder again how to do serious Java development with Mac OS X. I know a few of you guys are using Mac OS X. How do you do it?

Er... without any problem, and I nothing would make me swith back to Windoze :-)

Whenever I start this I get annoyed very fast. The missing Java sources are only the tip of the iceberg.

What missing Java sources? They are in /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home/src.jar

Every tree representation in Eclipse just sucks.

What sucks? The missing vertical lines? It means a bit more indentation, but less visual clutter. And my Mighty Mouse's scroll ball does magic to navigate in all directions :-)

Keyboard navigation in Mac OS X is completely inconsistent, especially with Java programs.

Uh? What is "consistency" besides the usual cut/copy/paste? Note that I don't use anything else than a Mac, so maybe I'm just used to the Mac's own consistency :-)

There seems to be no serious SVN command line client (or at least the CollabNet download page is just self-linking at the moment: http://downloads.open.collab.net/binaries.html).

Install macports and just run "sudo port install subversion"

And so on ... Windows has also bunch of annoying issues but there is at least consistency and usually there is a solution for everything. Do you guys all switch to Linux when it comes to Java development? :)

Naaaah. I'm very happy with my Mac :-)

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net