Peter Hunsberger wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Reinhard Pötz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
     > :-( that's bad. Any other suggestions?

    I still think that Cocoon 3.0 could be the name, if people are going
    to invest a significant effort in what's Corona today. For Sling we'd
    like to use the pipelines implementation, so some of us Sling folks
    are planning to contribute and help maintain that. I am not interested
    in the other parts at the moment.

I think that at the moment Corona is far too much of an experiment to be considered 3.0. Parts of it or all may become 3.0 but who knows?

Almost any name we choose will overlap with an existing product to some extent. If it's not trademarked I'm ok with the overlap. As such I think "Silk" is still one of the best options I've seen suggested..

Borland hasn't trademarked "silk" but only some variants of it. See http://tinyurl.com/5bkw9d

"Silk" was trademarked by a company called mentis: http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=pgshps.20.117

The name that we would use is "Cocoon Silk". So I tend to think that it isn't a problem.

WDOT?

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]