From: Cédric Damioli [mailto:cedric.dami...@anyware-services.com]
Sent: lundi, 22. mars 2010 20:23
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: [2.1] Is Cocoon 2.1.x officially dead ?

Hi Cocoon community,

Here at Anyware, we have dozens of Cocoon-2.1 based applications in
production.
We've hacked Cocoon a lot, so that migrating to most recent releases of
Cocoon is not an option for us at the moment
Cocoon 2.1 is a *very* stable framework, especially the core, but I
recently came across a bug and discovered that, even if I provide a
patch, there will be nobody to commit it, let alone release the next
2.1.12 maintenance version.
Diving in the ML archives, I discovered than Carsten, the last 2.1
release manager, resigned from the job almost two years ago [1], and
that nobody took over.

So I'm wondering if someone around here was still willing to maintain
the Cocoon-2.1 branch ?
If not, I volunteer to do the job, as this branch is important for us,
and I don't want to have to fork it in our own repository.
Otherwise, do you have other solutions for me ?

BTW, is there still many Cocoon-2.1 users around here ?

Best regards,
Cédric Damioli

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cocoon-dev/200805.mbox/%3c483cf62f.3000...@apache.org%3e

--
Cédric Damioli
R&D director

• This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
• Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
• Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
• An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
• If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.