Hi Thorsten,

I assume with prior transformation process you are referring to the
transformerhandler which insert the meta tag for the html use case. I also just
stumbled across Michael Kay's reponse about serialization for html5 where he
mentions:

"The XSLT and XQuery WGs have taken the view that we will address serialization
to HTML5 when HTML5 is finished; meanwhile WHAT WG seem to be claiming that
"finished" is an obsolete concept and that HTML5 will remain under continuous
change forever. Perhaps I'm misquoting them, but that's my understanding."

http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/201105/msg00067.html

But to wrap up what I'm trying to achieve here:

I want to be able to do following use cases:

* XML data --> transform using xslt to html5 --> serialize to html5
* stringtemplate generator --> serialize to html5

Preferably I want to be able to do so out-of-the-box with Cocoon3.  As you seem
more acquainted with the topic what would need to be done to enable this?

Kind regards,
Robby