> It is sad, to let such a powerful project die. Having said that, we are
> using it still in production and trying to apply security patches on our
> own fork to make it compatible with newer versions of spring and java.
>
> If the project would continue on github, I can just stress again that I
> would be very happy to participate and share all our patches.

Can you explain why you didn't via https://github.com/apache/cocoon ?

Just trying to understand whether github would really make a difference.

While I am still +1 for the attic (because I don't see anyone working on
Cocoon in any form),
it feels a little sad if there are individually maintained forks that could
as well be part of the project.

cheers,
Torsten