Do you think there exist "multiple" forks ?
I'm now aware of Gabriel's but are there any others ?

Cédric

Le 13/09/2024 à 15:58, Christofer Dutz a écrit :

It does seem as if multiple people claimed to still be using Cocoon, but maintaining their own forks.

Why not bring exactly this back to the upstream project and join forces in maintaining it?

Chris

*Von: *Cédric Damioli <cdami...@apache.org>
*Datum: *Donnerstag, 12. September 2024 um 19:31
*An: *dev@cocoon.apache.org <dev@cocoon.apache.org>
*Betreff: *Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Move Apache Cocoon into the Apache Attic

Hi,

Sadly, there's not enough motivated individuals to keep the project running as is. When we ran a poll 10 months ago, very few people actually volunteered to help keeping Cocoon 2.3 alive, and the reality of these past 10 months is that nobody has barely done anything to move forward.

Anyway, now that the Attic vote has passed, we have to move forward with the due process.

Cédric

Le 11/09/2024 à 13:27, Gabriel Gruber a écrit :

    >> Can you explain why you didn't via https://github.com/apache/cocoon ?

    Hmm, good question actually. I wasn’t aware that the PR
    functionality was actually really used to add enhancements to the
    project and I always felt a little bit lost with the
    formal/administrative rules to get patches to the project, without
    being an official committer.

    Anyway I would be willing to add all necessary changes to make
    cocoon compatible with spring 5+ in a PR

    Cheerio,

    Gabriel