Stefan Bodewig wrote at Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009 11:08:

> I've just removed all dependencies from commons-configuration to show
> that the tests pass and plan to add Xerces and Xalan back in to see
> whether it really is the XML part that is causing the problems.
>
> Stefan

CC uses by default xerces 2.3.0 and xalan 2.8.0. At least Xerces is quite
old and newer versions come with new services (registered in
META-INF/services according the Java SPI). We had once a similar situation
in Maven after we updated Xalan and suddenly the XML factories of Xalan
were in use instead of the ones delivered with the JDK.

Just as a hint, where to look also ... ;-)

- Jörg