On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Christian Grobmeier wrote at Donnerstag, 30. April 2009 13:10:
>> - Streaming API (StAX/pull-parser like) for both easy and efficient
>> parsing
>
> Shall this solution actually act as StAX XMLReader/XMLWriter or do you use
> this API simply as inspiration?

Simply an inspiration - the underlying implementation should be as
fast and flexible as possible w/o being held back by existing APIs
(which can always be layered on top if desired).

>> - a single byte of state needed per nested object or array
>
> Can you elaborate on this one?

It's just how much state the parser uses keep track of things like
nested arrays or JSON objects.  Noggit currently uses 1 byte for each
nested object/array.
Consider the amount of extra memory some parsers may use parsing something like
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Nice to know the max overhead from a denial-of-service point of view too.

[...]
>> We believe that a JSON lib will become attention quickly and hope to
>> get more developers attracted soon.
>> Please let us know what you think about it!
>
> Well, there are quite some solutions in the wild ;-)

Most are.... not so great.  Jackson is the exception (but
unfortunately it didn't exist when I wrote Noggit).

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com