On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Sam Halliday <sam.halli...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I personally have no problems with my MTJ contributions being released
> Apache. Bjorn-Ove is the person to talk to about the bulk of MTJ. I'll ask
> him!

Great.

MTJ depends on netlib-java, which is technically a translation of the
> original netlib libraries. They are BSD license. I seriously doubt you'll
> get them to give you the right to redistribute as, so you'll have to decide
> if that's a blocker.

If they really are BSD, then there should be no problem.  BSD allows
redistribution with attribution, preservation of the copyright notice and no
implication of endorsement.

> What would "adopting wholesale" mean? It would be a good opportunity to
> review/revise parts of the API and find duplication with the rest of the
> commons-math project.

There is a big issue with dependencies, but a much smaller issue with major
source code contributions.  Essentially what I mean by "adopting wholesale"
would be for commons math to ingest MTJ.  IN the best world, the contributor
communities would merge as well.  There would still be plenty of issues such
as the conditional dependency on native libraries.  I am not sure how that
should play out.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve