I'm working on a Google App Engine/Java (GAE/J) plug-in for VFS (it's almost
done) and have a few questions:

 1. Is the LRUFilesCache safe for production use? GAE/J won't allow using
the default SoftRefFilesCache because it doesn't allow background threads.
I've found a few really old messages saying things like "SoftRefFilesCache
is the only implementation suitable for production use" and "other file
cache implementation might cause resouce leaks", etc.

 2. I might be interested in contributing my implementation, either as a 3rd
party plug-in or to be included with the standard VFS package, but don't
know how to go about this. Is there someone currently "in charge" of VFS?

Thanks.