On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 11:48 PM, sebb<seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> AIUI, the GA tag is created before the vote. If the vote fails, the
> tag has to be deleted and recreated for the next vote. I.e. the tag is
> not enough to identify the source of what was voted on.

I agree with you that *release* tags are important and should be kept. I
won't bother too much with tags that have been rejected.

> Whereas if one uses a tag with RCn in the name, one can create RC1,
> RC2, RC3 etc if the votes fail; whichever RCn succeeds can then be
> copied to the GA tag, which is therefore not changed once created.

And what prevents you to rename release => RC1, release => RC2, and
so on, unto a successful vote? (Not that I'd request that, but it sounds like
a good compromise.)

Jochen

--
Don't trust a government that doesn't trust you.