Guys,

looking at Ralph's comment in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-254
I am questionning myself, if there's any reason why vfs 2.0 should still
have JDK 1.4 as requirement and not JDK 1.5. VFS 2.0 will be a major
release and JDK 1.7 is years away to be used for our conservative
customers. Although we have still some maintenance support for JDK
1.4-based apps, they're phasing out and we will definitely not update
dependencies with major releases. Therefore I'd rather have a VFS with more
modern API (generics) in 2.0 than an "old-fashioned" version 2.0 based on
JDK 1.4 especially if the major release means that API changes too much for
a drop in replacement of 1.1. Thoughts ?

- Jörg